Sunpower have been developing solar technology since the 1970s when the company’s co-founder, Dr. Richard Swanson, was intrigued by solar cells being used on satellites. By the mid-eighties, Dr. Swanson secured enough funding for SunPower to be officially incorporated.
Since then, the American company has been kicking goals in every way. Through funding and R&D contracts SunPower developed solar technology to power solar power race cars and airplanes. In 1997, SunPower solar cells powered Pathfinder, an unmanned, high-altitude aircraft by NASA.
SunPower became publicly listed on the NASDAQ in the 2000s while their solar cell technology set new world records for efficiency. SunPower’s first manufacturing plant came online in the Philippines in 2004, and their first utility-scale power plant was switched on in Bavaria, followed by another production plant in the Philippines in 2007.
SunPower’s solar technology continues to set records, and the company has become a global leader in the growing solar industry. SunPower’s solar cells powered the prototype solar airplane Solar Impulse in 2011, which ended up flying for 26 hours powered by the sun alone. The Solar Impulse 2, also powered by SunPower solar cells, is described as a flying laboratory and keeps setting world records.
SunPower partnered with Total SA in 2011 and acquired French Solar Company Tenesol in 2012, continuously striving to lead the solar pack.
SunPower’s E- and X-Series solar panels are cradle-to-cradle (C2C) certified, the first solar panels in the world to gain this certification. C2C takes into account the sourcing and recycling of materials as well as the use of renewable energy, water and the treatment of workers and the natural environment where production takes place.
Main features of SunPower Solar Panels
- Very high-quality panels used to power airand water craft as well as the Mars rover.
- Record-breaking module efficiency of over 20%.
- Excellent range of large-sized commercial panels.
- Positive power tolerances of -0/+5%. This means that each 330 watt panel will be at least 330 watt; while cheaper panels can have a negative power tolerance where you end up getting less than what you paid for.
- Panels are guaranteed to be 100% PID (potential induced degradation) -free, perfect for sea-side installations.
- High performance at low irradiation (i.e. from debris, shading etc.), ensuring your energy needs are met even on cloudy days.
- Low temperature co-efficient of up to 0.38%. This means that the panels perform well in higher temperatures and are suitable for hot climates.
- Low NOCT (Nominal Operating Cell Temperature) resulting in higher energy productivity.
- Robust construction and high resistance to corrosive environments – definitely the toughest panel on the market.
4 REASONS TO HAVE SOLAR PANELS FOR HOME
You might be amongst those who believe that setting the solar panels for home is your first step towards environment and energy conservation. There is a steep increase in the number of people who choose to install the solar panels at their home. However, there are still people who do not understand the trend of installing the panels. They fail to realize that it is not just an architectural trend but a great solution for the issue of global warming.
Here are 4 reasons precisely why every household should have the solar panels for home:
- Reasonable pricing
- Free quotes and call outs
- More than 10,000 frameworks introduced
- 5 year establishment guarantee
- 25 year board execution ensure
- Restrictive solar match framework coordinates your framework to you
- Accommodating and cordial staff
- Selective rivalries and referral rewards